My Photo Equipment
Last Updated: 4/18/02
Here is a list of the equipment I currently use. I prefer "real" film to digital, but I have to admit that I am really growing to love my digital camera. It's nice to have both when you're trying to compose a tricky shot and aren't sure of the settings to use - just set the digital to the film speed, set the shutter and f-stop, and click away a few test shots. I still find that my best pictures come from using my Minolta Maxxum 600si with slide film. Anyway... Here's what I use:
- Minolta Maxxum 600si - Easy to use, all the controls are simple to figure out, fast autofocus, and it has the great 14 segement honeycomb metering system. I love this camera, and I've only had it since April '99. (follow the link for info on the 600si)
- MinoltaVC-600 Vertical Control Grip - Nice... Improves the feel of the camera, has a PC port, and allows the use of AA batteries.
- Minolta RC-1000L Long remote release cord - Very useful for taking long exposures with a tripod, or for doing pictures that you want to be in to without having to worry about the self timer.
- Minolta Maxxum AF 50mm f/1.7 lens - Nice fast lens, just got it today (6/17) so I don't have much to say about it yet.
- Tamron 28-80 f/3.5-5.6 AF lens - This is the lens that came with the camera kit, and even though its is pretty slow it takes good pictures.
- Tokina 70-210 f/4-5.6 AF lens - Bought it used cheap... very good lens.
- Maxxum 5400HS Flash - Top of the line Minolta flash, worth every penny.
- Olympus Camedia C-2100 - I can't say enough about this camera... Excellent pictures, allows me to choose shutter and f-stop, can set if for different film speeds, AWESOME zoom, shoots movies with sound, and best of all its lightweight - I have this camera with me almost 100% of the time.
- Minolta SRT-101 35mm Camera - all manual camera, my mom's camera since the 1970's.
- Rokkor MC 58mm f/1.4 lens - great lens, the 1.4 aperature is nice for low light hand held shots.
- Tamron 80-210mm f/3.8-4 Macro lens (with 2x teleconvertor) - excellent lens
- Caspeco 135mm f/2.8 lens - okay lens, Not sure where it came from really...
- Vivitar 283 flash unit - it flashes and you can adjust it... :P
- Bogen/Manfrotto 3011 Tripod leg set... Nice sturdy leg set extends to taller than me (I'm 6'1").
- Bogen/Manfrotto 3026 Ballhead... double action ballhead with a small quick release plate, still getting used to it but I love it.
- Slik U6000 Tripod - it does its job... holds the camera still and has a nice quick release plate.
- Nikon NiceTouch 2 camera - point and shoot... some of the pictures in my 'Pictures of me' section are from this camera. No longer in service.
- Polaroid PDC640 digital camera - No longer in service...
My image galleries - there are 5 to choose from